A quiet family campsite with 56 pitches situated in the heart of the Normandy countryside where you will discover within a radius of 20 kms the riches of Calvados and the English Channel with notably the towns of Bayeux, Isigny-sur-Mer, Saint Lô and the landing beaches. The towns and villages in the surrounding area (Dday Festival, the medieval town of Bayeux, Pierres en Lumières, La Fête de la Coquille in Port-en-Bessin…) offer many festivities and events.
Le Picard campsite nestles in a real green setting in the middle of fields. It has many services and activities:
– A fishing pond to indulge in your favourite pastime or simply to rest.
– An outdoor heated swimming pool from April to the end of September for relaxing.
– A snack bar/bar with a calm and friendly atmosphere to end the day with a drink or enjoy good traditional dishes (beef bourguignon, chicken à la normande, etc.).
– A playground with a swing, a spring game and a sandpit for the children’s enjoyment .
– Table tennis, badminton (rackets on loan), pétanque (boules on loan), board games (available) for family fun.
– A bakery/pastry service with reservation the day before for the following day
– An additional grocery shop offering local products (Isigny caramels, ciders, apple juice…).
– Multilingual reception in French, English, Spanish and Italian.
It is the ideal starting point for all your excursions to the landing beaches or a simple stopover to other destinations such as the Mont St Michel in St Malo, etc.
The nearest town and shops are 5km from the campsite.
Comfortable pitches: large grassy pitch from 80 to 100 m² with electricity and water, delimited by hedges. Parking space for the vehicle, shower and wifi included.
Some pitches are on the edge of the fields where you can see the sheep grazing, others ideally situated to watch the sunrise or sunset.
* the Bar Restaurant :
– out of season: it is only open in the evening on reservation
– In season (July and August) we organise Mussels/Fries or Fish and Chips evenings.
– Sale of ice creams and cold drinks
-TV in the snack bar to follow sports events
Winter storage of caravans in fenced outdoor areas under video surveillance :
– For English customers who wish to winterise their caravan we offer a 20% discount on Brittany Ferries.
– On-site maintenance if required by an external service provider: Caravan Services and Repairs
* Outdoor swimming pool open from April to the end of September. Deckchairs available on the terrace
A freezer is available free of charge for ice cream loaves.
A race “Un Petit Tour’nières” is organised on 2/5/2021 with departure and return to the campsite.
Attention some services are restricted due to the sanitary measures of the COVID-19.
The Mine Museum and the Moulin de Marcy in Le Molay-Littry 5 km away.
The Abbey of St Vigor in Cerisy la Forêt at 4.8km
The state-owned forest of Cerisy la Forêt 10 km away.
Omaha Beach (St-Laurent sur Mer) 17 km away
Bayeux and its tapestry : 20 km
The Chäteau de Balleroy 13 km away
Les Caramels d’Isigny: 22 km away
Arromanches and its museum 30 km away
Caen with the Caen Memorial, the Ladies’ Abbey, the Men’s Abbey, the Castle of William the Conqueror… 40 km away.
The Mont St Michel at 110 km