A quiet family campsite with 56 pitches situated in the heart of the Normandy countryside where you will discover within a radius of 20 kms the riches of Calvados and the English Channel with notably the towns of Bayeux, Isigny-sur-Mer, Saint Lô and the landing beaches. The towns and villages in the surrounding area (Dday Festival, the medieval town of Bayeux, Pierres en Lumières, La Fête de la Coquille in Port-en-Bessin…) offer many festivities and events.
Le Picard campsite nestles in a real green setting in the middle of fields. It has many services and activities:
– A fishing pond to indulge in your favourite pastime or simply to rest.
– An outdoor heated swimming pool from April to the end of September for relaxing.
– A snack bar/bar with a calm and friendly atmosphere to end the day with a drink or enjoy good traditional dishes (beef bourguignon, chicken à la normande, etc.).
– A playground with a swing, a spring game and a sandpit for the children’s enjoyment .
– Table tennis, badminton (rackets on loan), pétanque (boules on loan), board games (available) for family fun.
– A bakery/pastry service with reservation the day before for the following day
– An additional grocery shop offering local products (Isigny caramels, ciders, apple juice…).
– Multilingual reception in French, English, Spanish and Italian.
It is the ideal starting point for all your excursions to the landing beaches or a simple stopover to other destinations such as the Mont St Michel in St Malo, etc.
The nearest town and shops are 5km from the campsite.